The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, School of Business seeks a tenure-track Assistant Professor in Accounting. This is a full-time, 9-month basis appointment. The position starts August, 2019. Qualified individuals considering a change from business careers will be fully considered for the position.
The successful candidate will be expected to meet traditional requirements of excellence in teaching, active scholarly and professional work, and service to the university and community. The position entails a teaching load of four classes per semester that may include classes in the areas of accounting, income tax, auditing and accounting information systems. The teaching load may be a combination of on-campus courses and online courses. Ability to teach Finance and Economics courses is a plus.
- Master’s degree in accounting, business, or related field with a minimum of 15 graduate-level credits in accounting
- CPA certification
- 2 years of public accounting or related industry experience
- Ability to deliver effective instruction, including the use of high-value learning practices such as active, applied, and experiential learning
- A willingness to teach in both traditional classroom and online environments
- Demonstrated potential to conduct scholarly research
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to addressing issues of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and/or other issues of historic marginalization
- Doctorate in accounting, business, or related field (ABD is acceptable for hire)
- Experience teaching students at a distance using online, streaming, or other methods
- Experience in forensic accounting and fraud investigation
- Ability to teach economics, general business, or finance courses
To ensure full consideration, application materials must be received by March 17, 2019. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
For additional details about the position and to apply, please visit the UW-Platteville careers portal, careers.uwplatt.edu. AA/EEO