Thank you for your interest in Truckee Meadows Community College. If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please contact Human Resources at (775) 673-7168 or email@example.com.
Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC), located in Reno, Nevada is seeking applicants for a full-time, tenure track, Marketing Instructor.
In addition to those responsibilities listed below, areas of responsibility of the Marketing Instructor include
- teaching assignments in Marketing, as well as other assigned courses among the Department of Business offerings;
- teaching classes as assigned, given the class day-of-week, time-of-day, and location schedule;
- providing guidance to part-time Marketing instructors;
- assisting the Division Chair and/or Dean as requested; and,
- selecting textbooks in the Marketing discipline.
- Master’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or closely related discipline from a regionally accredited institution.
- One year (30 semester credit equivalent) of college-level teaching experience related to the major teaching assignments.
- Doctorate degree in Marketing or related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Teaching experience equivalent to two academic years (60 semester credit equivalent) at the college level in both online and classroom instruction
- Two years professional experience outside academe.
Candidates must exhibit an appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
- Teach 15 credit or contact hours during the academic semester.
- Prepare lesson plans and course syllabi, create teaching aids, and provide students with instructional materials and activities for classroom use and as homework assignments.
- Instruct students in Marketing and other assigned subjects using appropriate course objectives, learning outcomes, and measures developed by Division of Business and Social Sciences faculty and evaluated by a college-wide Curriculum Review Committee (CRC).
- Regularly assess courses taught, and participate in formal course and program assessment conducted by the department.
- Assist with curriculum review and revision, and develop new course materials and pedagogical techniques to facilitate student learning of Marketing and other assigned subjects.
- Utilize standard computer and audio/visual technology to instruct in the classroom.
- Teach or supplement instruction with distance education platforms/learning management systems.
- Maintain accurate records of student attendance and grades, and submit grades on time electronically.
- Hold a weekly minimum of 5 regular, published office hours on campus during the academic year.
- Participate in student advisement, recruitment, and retention efforts.
- Attend and participate in non-classroom activities including department and division meetings, professional development workshops, college or NSHE committees, and community service activities.
- Annually define short-term and long-term professional development goals to remain current in the discipline.
- Understand and accept the role to be played as a partner in an educational enterprise serving the best interests of the students.
- Perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with standards, mission, and goals of Truckee Meadows Community College.
- Teach day, evening and/or weekend classes at one or more college locations as well as online classes.
- Other duties as assigned.
$46,691 – $70,038, Salary placement is dependent on education and experience.
In the Resume/Cover Letter section of the application each of the following must be attached.
- Current Resume/CV that includes contact information for three Professional References.
- Cover Letter
- Copy of Unofficial Transcripts
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All documents, including unofficial transcripts for academic positions, must be received on or before the closing date posted on the job announcements. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.