Brooklyn College of the City University of New York (CUNY) invites applications for a full-time Lecturer position in the Department of Finance with a starting date in August 2019.
The Department of Finance at Brooklyn College’s Koppelman School of Business offers a bachelor of business administration (B.B.A.) degree with a concentration in finance and investments. The undergraduate program in finance prepares students for professional positions with many Wall Street firms, such as Morgan Stanley, UBS, Citigroup, and JP Morgan Chase, The program also prepares students for finance positions in mutual funds, securities firms, commercial and investment banks, brokerage firms, investment advisory services, and other financial institutions.
The successful candidate is expected to
- Teach a variety of undergraduate/graduate finance courses related to corporate finance and investments
- Engage in professional activities to remain professionally qualified in the finance discipline
- Fulfill service obligations including serving as a faculty advisor and coordinate internships and serve as a liaison between the Finance department and industry organizations
- Provide guidance and mentorship to students
- Work effectively within the Finance Department, Koppelman School of Business, Brooklyn College, and the City University of New York (CUNY).
Brooklyn College is a microcosm of the ethnically rich borough of Brooklyn it serves as well as a mirror of the wide diversity in New York City itself. A vibrant, intellectually engaged community, our student body comprises individuals from 150 countries, speaking 105 different languages, many of whom are the first in their family to attend college. The College transforms lives by providing access to outstanding undergraduate and graduate programs in the arts and sciences, business, education, and a vibrant general education curriculum in the liberal arts and sciences.
- MS/MBA degree in finance or related field from an accredited institution is required.
- Ability to teach undergraduate finance courses related to investments and corporate finance is required.
- Teaching experience in investments and/or corporate finance related courses
- Current industry experience and professional credentials such as Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Certified Financial Planner (CFP) or Financial Risk Management (FRM) are desirable
- PhD or DBA from AACSB accredited institutions with a curricular emphasis in the field of Finance or related field.
Salary commensurate with experience and credentials. All appointments are subject to financial availability.
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
There are two steps to the application process.
STEP ONE – Submit Application by visiting https://cuny.jobs/brooklyn-college/new-jobs/