Johns Hopkins Carey Business School invites applications for several non-tenure, practice-track faculty position in the discipline of Finance to start August 2019.
We welcome applications from candidates motivated by the unique opportunity to participate in building a world class business school at a premier private university.
We are especially interested in candidates with strong industry record and passion for teaching.
Responsibilities include: Teaching basic and advanced courses in finance at the MBA/MS/PhD level, with preferences in the area of quantitative finance and financial econometrics. Although this is primarily a teaching position, we also value contributions to research and practice.
- A PhD degree in finance or a related field is required for all professorial appointments, and must be conferred by employment start date. For lecturer and senior lecturer appointments, a PhD is strongly preferred but a master’s degree is sufficient.
- Outstanding teaching experience in a business school or related setting preferred.
- Successful prior engagement in finance/policy related activities strongly preferred.
Depending on the level of academic and/or professional experience of the successful candidate, the appointment will be made at the Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, Assistant Professor or Associate Professor level. Under exceptional circumstances, appointments will be considered at the Full Professor level.
Applications MUST be submitted using Interfolio (apply.interfolio.com/59395) and include:
- Cover letter address to Associate Professor Xian Sun, Search Committee Chair
- Curriculum vitae
- Three (3) confidential letters of reference
- Recent evidence of teaching effectiveness (or equivalent in a business setting)
Applications will be reviewed by the Search Committee and will be accepted until the position is filled. Interviews will be conducted in winter/spring 2019.
Johns Hopkins Carey Business School conducts a pre-employment background check and degree verification on all candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The search committee is dedicated to hiring candidates who, through their research, teaching, and service will contribute to the excellence and diversity of the Carey Business School, Johns Hopkins University, our students, and the broader academic community. The leadership, faculty, and the staff of the Carey Business School are committed to enhancing our school culture through an environment that welcomes and respects everyone.