The Boston Architectural College (The BAC) is seeking a dynamic new academic leader with entrepreneurial skills to spearhead the successful development and launch of our new Real Estate Development Program. This is an exciting opportunity for an established real estate development professional to join our talented faculty, contribute to our renowned programs of distinction in the higher education, build and lead a dynamic team of real estate development faculty, and contribute our mission and the advancement of our strategic goals.
“In real estate development, we need people with a wide range of skills, people who have a wider understanding than financial analysis and the financial “deal.” We need people who understand the whole process, who can overlay their financial skills with an awareness of the power of design, a knowledge of urban planning issues, possess an entrepreneurial spirit, and have an ability to lead and work in teams. This Real Estate Development program at the BAC is oriented to creating this valuable new kind of real estate development professional.”
Ronald W. Wackrow, Executive Vice President, Related Companies and esteemed member of The Boston Architectural College’s Real Estate Development Program Advisory Committee
Reporting to the Dean, School of Design Studies, the Director of Real Estate Development is a full-time position providing leadership and operational excellence in support of students pursuing a master degree in and a career in the field of real estate development. Under the oversight of the Dean, this position shapes, implements, manages and administers the Real Estate Development degree program. Primary responsibility includes, but not limited to, oversight of program faculty, curriculum management, student advising, course oversight, outreach to the professional community, course instruction and service to the College.
EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA: Earned Master’s degree from an accredited institution in real estate development, business administration, urban planning, public administration, or other design related field required.
- Must be able to work evenings and occasional weekends
- Successful experience managing budgets
- Demonstrated leadership or potential for leadership and strategic vision in higher education
- Experience in practice, significant exposure to the field of professional real estate development
- Ability to collaborate communicate with the different constituencies that make up the BAC community and to seek the creative contributions of those constituencies.
- Orientation to learning outcomes and knowledge of assessment techniques
- Capacity to identify and cultivate adjunct faculty and in nurturing their continued and effective involvement and development
- Ability to organize and lead projects.
Apply online with letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information of three professional references (the references will not be contacted prior to permission from applicants). Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.