If you’re looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community, look at employment opportunities with Full Sail University. You’ll find your choice of career opportunities, great benefits, an environment that welcomes and values creativity, and a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding!
The Business in the Entertainment and Media Industries course explores the evolving infrastructures across various industry sectors. Students will examine emerging innovative business strategies within these creative industries as well as current business trends. Students will also identify the variety of careers available for business professionals in these industries and their respective skill sets, with an eye toward developing the abilities are vital to their chosen fields. Associate Course Directors may be required to teach both on-campus and online. All positions are full time, on-campus in Winter Park, FL.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create an environment of learning through effective teaching skills, maintain student-centered focus, and update curriculum to keep current and relevant to industry standards.
- Utilize a variety of teaching strategies and encourage active learning.
- Create learning activities, including assignments, tests, quizzes and labs, and assess student outcomes in a timely manner through effective assessment and constructive feedback to students to support the learning process.
- Perform lectures for campus courses, and hold scheduled virtual course meetings for online courses. Teaching will be conducted through on-campus and online delivery.
- Interact positively with diverse student populations; provide all students with equal opportunities for learning.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the industry, maintain knowledge and skill relevancy through continuing education as defined in the faculty development plan.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of Full Sail University
- Maintains strict confidentiality of student and company information
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Adheres to company attendance standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: Oversee lab specialists to ensure the integrity of curriculum and degree learning outcomes.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading and editing for grammar and punctuation
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task while working independently and collaboratively with other teachers and university staff
- Ability to interact professionally and constructively with students and staff at all levels in an immersive, fast paced environment
Education and/or Experience:
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of four (4) years related and verifiable work experience and required to hold a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Communications or Organizational Communications or a Bachelor’s degree with at least 18 graduate semester hours in an appropriate combination Business, Communications or related discipline from an accredited college or university. Technical degrees including Audio, Film, Animation, and Gaming will also be considered.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Proficiency using software programs such as MS Office Suite, Keynote/PowerPoint, Outlook, and Mind Mapping apps.
- Instructors must understand business and have an overview of how the nuances of the media and entertainment industries relate to business infrastructure.
- Instructors must be on top of current trends and careers related to those industries.
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in an office and classroom environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active student and employee communication; access, input and retrieve information from the computer system. May be subject to; bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and lifting up to thirty (30) pounds.
Full Sail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.