We invite applications for a tenure-track (10) month faculty position in the Division of Business and Management at the rank of assistant or associate professor, commensurate with experience. Keuka College has a proud heritage as a liberal arts college, with several program areas in the Division including Accounting, Management, Marketing, and Organizational Management at the undergraduate level and Management at the graduate level. We have been a first-mover in international education with extensive programs in China and Vietnam. We particularly value high-quality teachers that have enthusiastically and successfully combined professional work experience with an academic scholarship. The ideal candidate will enjoy working closely with undergraduate and graduate students in a student-centered, liberal arts-based environment teaching all levels of business administration classes throughout our on-campus, off-campus and online program delivery formats. Because of departmental need, the incumbent will need to teach a variety of courses including Production/Operations Management, International Business, Introduction to Business, and other similar courses (depending upon qualifications and interest).
- Teach Production/Operations Management, Introduction to Business, International Business, Microeconomics or other business related courses to our undergraduate and graduate students in all of our program formats.
- Demonstrate continuing professional and educational growth by generating and maintaining a research agenda worthy of a positive tenure decision at the institution.
- Serve as an academic advisor to Business and Management majors.
- Participation in Keuka College functions and community activities.
- Contribute to the Division of Business & Management’s on-going accreditation processes.
- Responsible for ensuring that assigned tasks are completed in compliance with various institutional and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain a professional and courteous attitude at all times towards co-workers, internal and external customers, representing Keuka College, its programs, policies, and procedures in a positive and professional manner. Maintain effective working relationships to ensure institution-wide teamwork.
- Attend provided/necessary training and other meetings to support effectiveness within the position as required.
- Consistently demonstrate high standards of integrity by supporting the Keuka College mission, vision, and values and adhering to institutional policies.
- Maintain a high regard for student privacy in accordance with the FERPA privacy policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
- Perform other functions as assigned by management.
- PhD/DBA in Business Intelligence, Strategy, Marketing or related field is preferred.
- MBA with 10 or more years of business administration experience will also be considered.
- Demonstrated interest and potential for excellence in teaching.
- Appropriate business administration experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Understand and behave with a high level of integrity and complete confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to be sensitive to and respond to needs/concerns of students, faculty, college staff and the public.
- Ability to work under pressure with a high tolerance for interruptions, and the ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Some travel to off-campus locations required
- Some evening and weekend hours may be required.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Letter of application (outlining interest in the position, qualifications, experience, and approach to teaching)
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Names and titles of three current professional references with telephone numbers and e-mail contact information. (Candidates who are determined to have potential for good fit with the position will be asked to have these individuals submit letters to us)
- Transcripts of all graduate level academic work (unofficial copies acceptable during application review; official copies will be required at time of hire)
- Applications must be submitted electronically. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer