The primary responsibility of this position is to instruct students and assessment of student learning outcomes. Attend and participate in university, division, program meetings, and activities. Serve on committees as assigned. Assist in the recruitment and advising of students. Provide professional assistance to staff and students. Remain current through engagement in scholarly activities.
Teach macro and micro economic theory, managerial economics, international trade and finance, environmental economics and, as needed, general business courses that are related to economics, ie. finance, investments, marketing, and entrepreneurship.
- Work with committees and other divisions.
- Assess, revise, and develop courses and curriculum.
- Comply with University practices and perform related duties as provided in the faculty handbook.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving, mathematical/ statistical, time management, and organizational skills.
- Willingness to serve on committees.
- Assist in recruitment and advising of students.
- Engage in scholarly activities.
Salary will be based on qualifications. Job will be posted until position is filled.
Additional benefits include medical, dental, vision, and tuition waiver programs for employees and dependents. In addition, the UMFK retirement program provides a 10% employer contribution. The UMS is a recipient of the Wellness Councils of America’s Well Workplace Award and offers wellness programs