Northern New Mexico College (NNMC) is a public two-year and four-year degree granting institution founded in 1909 by the New Mexico Constitution. NNMC is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. NNMC operates from two campuses in Espanola and El Rito and serves an average of 1,000 students per semester.
College of Business Administration – Seeks an Assistant Professor of Accounting
The College of Business seeks applicants for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor in Accounting beginning fall 2019. Position 9 month.
Job Duties: The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching lower and upper level undergraduate accounting courses and other business courses as assigned. Some of the other areas of responsibility include advising, assessment, accreditation reporting, recruitment and retention. The incumbent will be expected to participate in scholarly activities to include participation in maintaining accreditation for the two and four year programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach a range of College of Business Administration lower and upper level undergraduate accounting courses and other business courses as assigned (e.g., Principles of Accounting I and II, Intermediate Accounting I and II, Federal Tax Accounting, Cost Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Introduction to Accounting, QuickBooks, Principles of Finance, Corporate Finance, Money and Banking, Accounting for non-profit, etc);
- Must be willing to teach on-line, hybrid and face-to-face courses as needed and engage in pursuit of scholarship appropriate to the profession;
- Perform administrative duties related to the College of Business Administration program (e.g., advising, recruitment, retention, outreach efforts to stakeholders, track student progress and provide reports on unit operations). Provide career support for students when appropriate (e.g., course load, prerequisites, occupational opportunities, etc.). Assist in college-wide retention activities (e.g., Early Alert), class scheduling, establish and maintain interdepartmental relationships with all student services and instructional programs;
- Explore external funding for research and/or program development;
- Engage in program, department, college, community, advising, and professional service;
- Assist with the planning, implementation and evaluation of College of Business Administration sponsored activities (e.g. information sessions, graduation ceremonies, new student orientation, faculty/staff meetings, etc.);
- Assist with ACBSP accreditation planning, data collecting and preparation; assist with college-wide, department, and state, etc. reporting; assist with updates to the College of Business Administration manuals, website and promotional materials;
- All other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements: MBA with at least 18 hours in Accounting.
Preferred Qualifications: a) Ph.D. or D.B.A. b) CPA certification c) teaching experience in higher education d) experience teaching web-based courses.
Salary: Based on credentials and experience
While the position will remain open until filled.
TO APPLY: A complete application must include 1) a cover letter addressing how the candidate’s experiences match the position requirements, 2) curriculum vitae, 3) unofficial graduate transcripts, 4) a statement addressing the candidate’s teaching philosophy and detailing experience with and expectations regarding the use of technology in teaching. 5) three letters of recommendation (two of which focus on the candidate’s teaching ability and/or potential, and 6) names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of three (3) professional references.
Required application materials should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
References will be contacted in conjunction with interviews and official transcripts should be requested upon acceptance of the interview.