Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include: Teaching (Online, Graduate and Undergraduate Courses); Scholarly and Creative Activities (with an emphasis on publication of peer-reviewed articles); Service/Contributions to the Institution; Service/Contributions to the Community; and New course development and making changes to existing courses.
1. Ph.D. in Accounting; or
2. Ph. D. in Business Administration/Management with primary emphasis in Accounting; or
3. Graduate degree in taxation with a JD or LLM.
The doctorate and/or graduate degrees must be from a university regionally accredited or equivalent accreditation to AACSB accreditation. ABD candidates will be considered. If, ABD, candidates will be required to complete the doctoral degree by June, 2020 to remain eligible for continued employment.
1. Commitment, ability, or potential to work with a diverse student population.
2. Commitment and ability to teach large classes.
3. A record or demonstrated potential to engage in quality scholarly research.
4. A record or potential to develop relationships with the business community.
Special Knowledge and Abilities:
1. Teaching and research interest in Tax, Accounting Ethics or Audit. However, all areas will be considered.
This is a tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor rank, beginning with the Fall 2019 semester. Salary is dependent on qualifications and professional experience. Academic preparation, record of research and peer-reviewed publications, and professional experience will be considered. Summer research grants, moving expenses, and a reduced teaching load may be available.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Applications are only accepted at https://csus.peopleadmin.com/
Candidates must include the following attachments into one (1) PDF file:
- A cover letter that addresses required and preferred qualifications outlined above, that also includes a statement of teaching philosophy and scholarly interests;
- A current curriculum vita/resume including the names and contact information of at least three recent professional references;
- Unofficial copies of transcripts attesting to the highest degree earned (official transcripts required at time of appointment);
- A diversity statement: Please describe what you think about the importance of diversity with regard to both teaching and public service. (500 words or fewer)
If you have questions, please contact Dr. Hugh Pforsich at firstname.lastname@example.org