The GCU School of Business & Digital Media, Department of Business Administration, is seeking a full time tenure track Assistant or Associate Professor of Finance to teach undergraduate and graduate classes. A professional designation along with a MBA will also be considered. The candidate should enjoy teaching above all other aspects of academia and must bring creative pedagogy to both the undergraduate and graduate classroom. Scholarly activities that support the candidate’s knowledge base in order to be a more informed professor and student advisor is desired. Service to the school and university is expected and is an important aspect of the position along with scholarly research and teaching.
This is a full-time, tenure track position starting in the 2019-20 academic year beginning in August 2019.
- Integrate the core values of respect, integrity, justice, compassion, and services in all aspects of interaction.
- Teach 12 credits per semester of undergraduate and graduate level courses.
- Scholarly research and activities in alliance with the candidate’s knowledge base and teaching responsibilities.
- Perform service to the University and the Department by volunteering and requested
- Regularly assess the outcomes of courses taught and make improvements.
- Advise and mentor students, including on their research and internships.
- Participate in departmental functions including program and curriculum assessment, campus open house and other admission events
- Teach at the Lakewood campus and at multiple site locations.
- Teach in multiple modalities (face-to-face, hybrid, online).
- May include teaching General Education courses.
- Earned doctorate in Finance or Economics, or in another business-related field, ABD considered.
- CFA or CFP certification or an alternative professional license or certification
- Preferred experience in teaching a variety of finance courses at the college level.
- Demonstrated successful teaching experience at the college/university level.
- Ability or willingness to learn to effectively use instructional technology (, instructional software, learning management system).
- Ability to teach in non-traditional formats and settings (off-campus, weekends, accelerated, on-line).
- Experience in measuring and assessing learning outcome from courses and how they contribute to overall program assessment.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively.
- Industry experience in finance preferred
Applicants interested in applying MUST submit the following documents via online:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for three professional references
Returning Applicants – Login to your Georgian Court Careers Account to review your completed application.
As you are submitting your application via this online process, please assure you provide an accurate email address. You will receive an acknowledgment indicating your application materials have been received. If you do not receive the email to your inbox, please check your spam folder. If it is not in your spam folder, please go to Returning Applicants Login, click on the Help Desk link and click on New Ticket for assistance.