The School of Business is seeking a faculty member in accounting beginning in the 2019-20 academic year. Rank will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The faculty member will teach day and/or evening classes along with graduate courses, where qualified.We are looking for a passionate individual who wants to join a team that is committed to providing a quality educational experience, preparing students to meet 21st century challenges, and interacting with the Memphis business community. The ideal candidate will place primary importance on teaching while maintaining an active research agenda.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach courses based on departmental need, including the introductory sequence for business majors, the intermediate sequence, government accounting, and advanced accounting. Experience working with entrepreneurs or small businesses would be a real plus.
- Show evidence of continued professional development and scholarly activities.
- Student advising.
- Participate in school and university service activities, including program and course development and assessment.
- Ph.D. in accounting desired.
- Industry experience in public accounting or audit a plus.
- Teaching experience strongly preferred.
- CPA required.
Christian Brothers University is an equal opportunity employer.